Sunday, April 19, 2009

salamander eggs and numbered days

It's raining now.

Over the weekend we saw a bunch of salamander eggsacs. We saw one salamander. We saw this on our Saturday morning exercise hike. We also saw lots of frog eggs. It is that time of year.

We have continued to use our laundry line on the roof. When it's hot and dry and windy it takes less than a half hour to dry things!

Isaac was sick last week but he's feeling better now. I was sick too, but I was never feeling all that bad. Isaac's temperature was up past 103. He had some tonsillitis and got some antibiotics from the doctor. Isaac didn't like these antibiotics at all.

The cherry tree blossoms in Taebaek are all quite fantastic. It's so nice to see the springtime blossoms. I guess these April showers will bring some May flowers, too.

I have had my nose in the actuary exam study guides. 18 days.

Which reminds me. My calculator has a built in function for determining the number of days between dates. As in, Isaac was 300 days old on March 7th. My dad was 10080 days old when he had me, and I was another hundred days plus old when we had Orry. And Trent will be a little older come November than my dad was when he had Trent. And my mom and Bonnie are close to the same age when it comes to their childbearing. As you know, we passed up my 11111st day last summer. But did you know we also passed up Orry's 1000th day? Anyway, stuff like that.

Now I must go prepare for teaching second grade.

Thank you, as always, for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment