Monday, August 5, 2013

current, or not current....

If I let an entire year go by without posting, than I can hardly maintain that this blog brings you the current troydanielbecker!  Let us take stock.

We are still living in our charming country home in Richmond Texas.  I am still an assistant principal at our charter school where Orry goes and where Isaac will be starting this fall. 

We have bees now.  We were mulling over goats yesterday but that just isn't going to happen.... yet.

I am now 35.5 (+ 1 day) in years of age.  Time isn't slowing for my offspring or for me either.  Yet Time has been so kind to my beautiful wife, who doesn't look a day over 30.5.

Our favorite toilet paper deal is Scott Extra Soft.  We stocked up yesterday.

Our latest new animals of interest have been the vicuña, the owlfly, and the desert rain frog.  We also lately perused true facts about various animals, thanks to the hilarious Ze Frank.

This year we were back and forth to Louisiana a lot.  We lost great grandpa Hideo this Winter but by the time of his passing we welcomed it as a relief and wish to celebrate our years with him.

We also entertained welcome guests this year and also had the opportunity to travel around on a mega roadtrip last month, touring through some national parks and various states, visiting some dear friends and family.  Bonnie and I went on a trip to Turkey in March (could you call it a Turkish March?) so I would say we got our share of traveling this past year. 

I see facebook has become a sort of reporting ground for goings-on, but that's no fun, as I know everybody loves a good weblog.  I'll see if I can't keep this blog more current this school year.  We shall see!

2 comments:

  1. that'd be fantastic since i'm off facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good blog. So much better reading than the moment by moment drivel on FB!! Try to do them more often, is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete