Monday, March 23, 2009

fruits that begin with k

Now in Korea is the season for delicious kiwis, and also the curious little fruit known as the kumquat. We had our first kumquat family experience. In fact, I can't remember for sure if I have eaten a kumquat before. I think I have, but I don't think I ate it correctly.

This time, I googled the way to eat a kumquat, to be sure:



Well, Orry was given a couple of these sweet-tart little gems last night on our grocery stroll. Then, when we got home and ate them, I decided to go back and buy a bag. They are delicious!

As for kiwi, wow. We just love delicious kiwi, so we've been buying them as well.

On another note, Isaac is standing on his own now. No marathon feats yet, but it's a new game, I think.

The sky was bluer than BB King this morning. Against the backdrop of the sunkissed hilltops I found a likeness to the blue blue ocean and the gray-brown-green of the similarly fractal coastline.

A cold snap came through the other night and we woke up to frosted mountains. It cleaned up the air from the Asian yellow dust, and although it got nippy again, the clarity of the air makes it even sound like Spring is nigh.

I like that this is the country of the morning calm. On my walk to work today, the only sound I could hear was the rustle of my hood. I was a mobile organism in a petri dish six times the size of the moon.

You know, no doubt, about key limes. Here is a list of other K fruits for your curious mind, dear reader:

  • Kakadu lime
  • Kakadu plum
  • Kutjera
  • Karkalla
  • Keppel fruit
  • Kandis fruit
  • Kundong
  • Kahikatea

No comments:

Post a Comment