Sunday, March 22, 2009

an update to start with

It's a night of little sleep, and so, I write.  One of the first issues is what to do about blogging on this blogspot as well as myspace.  I guess what I'll do is copy at both places for a while and see what happens.

The story idea of the night is set in the future, when humanity has evolved.  A neohuman student is studying the history of the neohuman evolution, and is writing a school report about it.  In the report it is revealed that the evolution happened during the current-day times, when software was developed that helped bridge a gap with the communication of autistic people.  And, it turns out, that in the future, most everybody is autistic.  But also, there is a relationship with technology that enters into the evolution of life--because part of the competitive edge is owing to the technology that comes out of this software development.  Anyway, that's just the framework for the story.  The actual story would have to be like Slumdog Millionaire, which we finished watching tonight, and contain a good blend of love, hope, and themes of destiny, brotherhood, and the rest of the marvels and plight of the human condition.

I am nearing up on one billion seconds of age fast enough.  Here is a synopsis for those of you just tuning in, or those of who you like to read updates:

I was born and still think of myself as an Idahoan.
I grew up on a farm.  Or a few farms, actually.
I lived with my grandparents during the transition period between childhood and adulthood.
This means that I was first madly in love when I was a child.
I went to college and graduated in four years and never changed my major from mathematics after declaring it my freshman year.  Upon graduating, though, I moved to Japan and taught English.
But in between graduation and moving to Japan I got married!
After living in Japan for a year, I lived in Portland, Oregon, and worked teaching English as a second language, and as a math instructor at a vocational college, and a few other jobs.
I have had more jobs in my life than I have had girlfriends, but fewer than the number of half-birthdays.  Unless, well, it depends on what you mean by jobs.  And girlfriends, maybe.
In Oregon is where I got divorced.
Then I hitch-hiked across the country.  I was restless.
Then I started graduate school in Louisiana, studying mathematics some more.
In 2004 I finished with that, not finishing what I set out to do.  I had started with the buying, selling, fixing-up, and renting of real estate.  The renting of which I am still involved with.
In 2005 Bonnie became such a part of my life that it was impossible to extricate myself from her grasp, and we tied a wedding knot.
And had one little boy.  And another.
And then we moved to Korea.  Where I am teaching English to kindergarteners and second graders tomorrow.  Unless there is some sort of Korean change of plans I am yet not aware of.

Currently I am studying for actuary exams.  The current plan is to see what opportunities are available after passing a couple, and taking that route.  Or, possibly staying another year here teaching and taking another exam or two to perhaps find better opportunities yet.

I am also learning Korean.

We live in a small two bedroom apartment on the second floor of a house very near our town center.  It is awesome.  Our rooftop access will allow for a garden this year, but I need to find to do the following.  I need to collect some pots.  I need to collect some dirt.  I need to find where i can get some tomato starts and other plants, or seeds.  Completing these tasks is a fun but unpredictable adventure in a foreign land with a foreign tongue.

The other idea for the night is to make a book of book or story ideas.  And maybe it is something I can just write a blog about.  A blog of book ideas that maybe one day I'll publish as a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment