Wednesday, October 21, 2009

another troy weblog entry

Last week, Oct 13th, to be precise, just after 10:30 am, I crossed over into the 10 digits. For the number of seconds I have depended on breathing my own air. I shall not ever get into the 11 digits. It is a new age, and I feel a little wiser for it.

I was wise when I zipped to the library to get something printed at the last second, and although the time was tight, got in when I had one minute left on the computers, logged on, opened my document, and printed it out with not 3 seconds to spare. Plan B was to go a few miles to the main library which was open for another hour. Instead, the entire outing was 10 minutes. Or 600 seconds.

I was not so wise last week when I drove the tree service truck for the first time and drove it over the Mississippi River Bridge with the emergency brake still engaged. I probably drove it for 600 seconds with its braking system fighting its driving system. That was not wise.

I lugged around a number of 80 lb concrete bags today. It made me feel glad I am not 80 lounbs overweight. A lounb is the new way we write pound. Today, Trent and I poured concrete, 2 bags at a time or so, for 4 hours and 6 minutes. That is, for 14760 seconds. We were a few bags short.

I was trying to meet a schedule I composed for the day, which was itself altered already a couple times. The discouragement with schedules is when they waste more time than they create. However, there were some good things about the busted schedule. For one, I mowed our lawn. And two, we got a new post put in for our mailbox and our neighbors', all of which fell over when termites ate away the wood that held them up, and I think phonebooks getting stuffed inside the boxes also contributed.

That's it for I paragraphs.

Louisiana's weather these days is much more bearable. Did you like reading another troy weblog entry?

P.S. Isaac started talking in the past three days since I wrote last. He started talking quite a bit, playing the repeat game with Daddy, Mommy, Ball, Baby, Diaper, No, Juice, Change.

No comments:

Post a Comment