Wednesday, November 11, 2009

code P1537, etc

I bit the bullet and had our van Windy taken in to the shop for a mechanic to figure out what is going on with the intake manifold control runner (bank one). It took me a few weeks to actually find the two valves. This morning I found I could take off the top to check for vacuum, but that is about as far as I got, except for the other day when I squirted WD40 at them and got the malfunction indicator light to turn off for 60 miles. I would like to keep fiddling with it, but our free emissions re-test deadline is Saturday.

Trent and I moreorless alternate days working with the tree service. The other day, actually, just before Ida blew into town, we cut the top out of the large gum tree behind where Trent is living. by top, I mean the top 5/8 or so. It was exhilarating. Trent helped with trimming the oak trees we have there, and now I need to get him over here at the place where we are staying. Aside from all the available tree trimming, we need to finish changing out windows and so on. Plus, I am turning a little shed we have out back into a handy tool shed.

I used bamboo poles cut out of our backyard for the dowels in our closets. Great idea! Also, we are cutting up small ones for ornamental curtain rods.

Today is bebero day in Korea. Those are the candies like Poky, or tall straight chocolate dipped unsalted pretzel sticks. If you arrange four in front of you on the table it looks like 11 11. Happy Veteran's Day.

Isaac started jumping today. That is, stepping from one high thing onto another, with glee.

Orry woke up the other day talking about cantilevers. What?! Yes, that's right. I think we have Curious George to thank for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment