Sunday, February 21, 2010

I finally got the chance to...

I finally got the chance to kick a door in. I locked myself out of the house just when it was time to go down to Houma to pick up the wife and kids. Because I had observed that the jamb had signs of compromise, I knew I could kick it in cleanly. There was no wasting time. Bam.

Well, we've gone mostly vegan in our household diet. We still eat quite a bit of meat, not to mention the occasional cheese and yogurt or other dairy products or eggs to consider ourselves vegan though, that's for sure. I was thinking today, though, while we were at our produce market, that we eat pretty healthily. I think it's apparent because we're at that place so often, getting lots of fresh veggies and fruits.

My latest hankering is to get childhood memories and stories from the kids' great-grandparents while they're still kicking. I am such a sloth though. I wrote up letters to send out to the three great-grandparents, but I sure haven't gotten them in the mail yet. One of the great-grandparents was born to parents from an island in the Pacific Ocean. One of the great-grandparents was born to parents from an island in the Atlantic Ocean. And one of the great-grandparents was born to parents from I don't know where, but maybe she was born on a houseboat. In the good old US of A, presumably.

In our experience, children's movies from the library just don't play very well in our laptops.

I hope you all have caught sight of Mars lately in the evening sky. There is a good line up of three bright heavenly bodies. Sirius, the star brightest in our night sky, Procyon, part of the Winter equilateral triangle and also of the little dash in the sky that is Canis Minor, and then Mars, a little lower in the evening than Castor and Pollux in Gemini.

Bonnie beat me again in Monopoly City. That makes two times she has singlehandedly taken down the champ.

I am giving up chess for Lent, and I am giving up cookies for Lent.

There is lightning out there tonight, causing peals of thunder to rumble in our ears.

2 comments:

  1. Bonnie has always been good at Monopoly if memory serves me right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is good, indeed. But I--well--I am great.

    ReplyDelete