Wednesday, September 8, 2010

cosmic truths and inaction

My lingering cough must have weakened my immunity, and now I have a painful infection with a debilitating fever. Interestingly, in the wee hours of the a.m. after uncomfortably writhing all night, I found, in my delirium, some original cosmic truths. It has happened to me before, and now I wonder about the prevalence of such "revelations". It's not all that. The experience can probably be likened to drug induced revelations of the colorness of colors or the connectedness of the universe, etc. Two years ago, in a sickness induced delirium, I had a fantastic idea that resolved some problems I had been thinking about in astrophysics. This time, again, linked to the metaphysics of the universe, I developed an analogy which, again, offers an insight that resolves a lot of disconnectedness between the origins of the universe, God, science, the human mind, and so on. Now I hope to write it all down, but, like remembering a dream, it will be a difficult task of crystallizing some pretty vague and lofty ideas. So I won't do that now, but if I ever do write a book, maybe I can include these ideas therein.

Also lingering in the spirits of my now 11905 day year old self, is the tension in my life between deliberation and action. Or potential and realization. It seems like a easy line to cross. If you want to write a book, just do it. If you want to start a business, just do it. But the factors of life and probably other character flaw obstacles continue to stack up as excuses for not doing some of the things I want to do.

What we did last week was pretty fun. We went to the beach, this time as a morning sandcastle excursion. We also checked out some free places in Houston. The "action" of having a family is a delightful undertaking that easily consoles me from the inaction mentioned above.

Peace.

3 comments:

  1. Here I am posting a comment. From your anonymous mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. could you set your other blog (the new one) to accept annonymous comments also? it's the only way that i have been able to comment to blogs.
    tanks.
    your annonymous sister

    ReplyDelete
  3. with one too many n's in both cases.

    ReplyDelete