Wednesday, October 6, 2010

O Positive

Let's focus on the positive.

Poison Ivy--or Poison Sumac, to be more precise--, I concede that your species is in some ways superior to mine. Our last head to head was not pleasant for me, and I'm wondering if we can bury the hatchet and call a truce? I have determined that with a light exposure such I experienced with you last, my body will react for just over two weeks. It won't be bad for a couple days, and then there will be a few days where I hope that I'm not really that infected. Then there is the acceptance period, where I realize I am affected, but remain hopeful that it's not going to be intolerable. Near the end I get ready to go to the doctor thinking that I better get some steroids before it gets out of control. But then it thankfully subsides before I go and my lesions fade into the usual pale pinkish color of the rest of my skin. I am glad to be done with that itch.

Our van has a new transmission with a year warranty. We have been driving it around this past week. It was really nice to get it back, even though we really don't want to be the family that needs a car. Especially with the doctor appointments and all, lately, having our private wheels helps alleviate some stress! We're glad to have the car back.

Anyway, there's more good stuff, but no need to overdo it.

Happy October!

1 comment: