Monday, January 23, 2012

Knute Heldner again

I do believe I will be able to keep you more current, these days.

I cut my hair yesterday.  I find that while losing my hair, it takes more maintenance to look better than it did back in the day when almost anything looked good or stylish or both.  I need to cut the sides of my hair more often now, for they far outgrow the hair on top.  And while I was at it I trimmed the sides of my face as well, so that I have a face not unlike some of your conjured images of the devil.

And if you need to know what I mean, just google images of the devil and you'll see that long pointy chin.  But it is not that mysterious why Satan has such a long pointy chin or often comes with a beard, because that beard comes from the devilish caprine animal and is otherwise known as a goatee.  Now, goats can be mischievous rascals, but western civilization has borrowed much from mythologies where Pan and Bacchus (or their ilk) and their carnal and celebratory ways are identified with the lustful ungodliness of the devil.

Now, to clarify, I do not have a goatee.  Just a beard trimmed kind of triangular.  But it makes me look sort of like I have a long sharp face.  I once again have that Knute Heldner look:


And if your curious not only about what I look like on the outside, but also what I look like on the inside, let me paint that picture for you as well.  That looks like this:


Or perhaps:


minus the Presenter Media part.

Anyway, maybe you get the picture and maybe not.  But the cryptic meaning is that I just don't know for sure about my future at present.  I actually wrote a lot out but then saved the goodies for a later date when I can write more freely.

The best things in my life right now are the things easily taken for granted.  The kids, the wife, the home-cooking.  And no hangnails or fungal itches.

Thank you for reading!

4 comments:

  1. excellent comedic relief. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear of your trimmed beard and your appreciation of the kids, wife and home cooking! As for the hangnails and fungal itches, what a relief you are free of those, but please don't share if and when you do have them....I would place that in the TMI category!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please know that all your question marks are in my prayers lately. lylyly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, son. Tell me . . . how did you get rid of the fungal itch?

    ReplyDelete