Wednesday, March 9, 2011

all the single ladies

Flash Mob. That's my newest interest. And what better introduction than:



And when I am not thinking about flash mob these days, I am thinking about addiction and recovery. In fact, I combed through some web-research for language clues because a while back, when I was working alongside guys in recovery, it became clear to me that there is "addict thinking" and "rational thinking" and lately I wanted to get something like a clear picture of what language clues one can key in on when it comes to talking with someone in recovery. My findings are worth sharing, I think.

The thing is, I copied them all down from a website I found (which didn’t allow cutting and pasting). I copied them to a notebook page. But unfortunately my computer, in the process of hibernating or something, lost my efforts. So I will just point you to the webpage, and you can scroll down to addict thinking and criminal thinking and find them for yourself I guess (starting at around page 30 of 88).

Actually, there’s a lot of other things I think about, other than flash mobs and abuse recovery. For example, the wife and kids. Since this week we’re occupying different states, I’m thinking about them a lot more than I’m spending time with them these days. I’m really looking forward to seeing them on Friday! Until then, it’s flash mobs, and addiction recovery, and oh yeah, work.

Work, which is thinking about the academics and administration of this language school, as well as instruction in language and math at the college, is also taking up plenty of time. And it’s enjoyable, for the most part.

Also enjoyable is watching the setting sun through our big circular windows. The glass is thick, and when one views the sun near the edge of the window, a couple clear refractions from the sun can be seen. And I am sure that if there is a large sunspot or an eclipse of mercury, I could check it out in the refraction action of the window. In fact, I gave that more thought to that today than I did flash mobs.

1 comment:

  1. The single ladies video is crazy, but brings back memories of watching Beyonce's vidoe in Korea together.
    That addiction recovery site looks pretty informational. I'll have to check that out.
    We are missing you guys lots and are looking forward to "hanging out" with you and bonnie once you are back int he same state!

    ReplyDelete