Sunday, March 27, 2011

teacher training

Well, for those of you getting an update, I'm once again going through some hoops to get my teacher certification, this time in the state of Texas. I am done with the seminars now, but I wanted to mention how often they'll throw on a video that makes everybody in the audience get teary eyed. In the last teacher training seminar I went to on Saturday, they first played some clips about Teddy Stoddard. In the movie link here it's Teddy Stallard, and it will probably affect you differently if you watch it knowing this, but it is purely fiction (Ballard, 1974). Anyway, it's touching though, giving aspiring teachers one more reason to stick with it and really care about making a difference.

Then, later in the morning they played this one. Now, I'm no country music fan, so it was all I could do to simply bear the music and lyrical tone. But yes, I will admit it, the content touched my heart. I don't know if it's "a true story" or not either (fiction I guess), but it also makes aspiring teachers want to care about each and every kid.

1 comment:

  1. GAH! cry fest over here. I dislike country music, but i still listened to that song and cried and i REALLY cried at the fictional teddy story. I can't believe that was a fictional story!
    I'm going to blame my crying on some crazy hormones.
    -nic

    ReplyDelete