Friday, February 4, 2011

Feb 4

Well, happy birthday to me!

Actually, I sure hit the jackpot when Bonnie agreed to marry me. What a gal. What a lovely little family we make, and what a life.

Our school was canceled today so it really is a nice birthday surprise to spend it with Bon and the tots. What will we do? I think an obstacle course is in order. And spinning. Lots of spinning.

I'm up good and early, spending my hours looking at IBD and colitis stuff for Isaac's IBD blog. It is uplifting to think that even though we're talking about chronic conditions, Isaac seems to be doing so well now and that even though he is "unlucky" in some sense, he is very "lucky" in another. There's your quota of quotes for the day.

Why was our school cancelled? The massive winter storm that has covered most of our western hemisphere in white also put down some freezing rain and left Houstonians feeling all apocalyptic. But before you comment on climate change, I did read that in 1895, Houston got 20 inches of snow in February. What?! Bring it.

And speaking of, my wife has brought a delicious breakfast to the table. So on with my wonderful day....

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you do have a wonderful wife! you should learn from her and perhaps be wonderful back...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is GREAT that you had the day off! I'll go ahead an thank global warming (just this once) for you and a day with the wifey and tots!
    -nic

    ReplyDelete