Tuesday, February 8, 2011

the white field, solid red circle post

Congratulations America. We might get another world champion chess player in Hikaru Nakamura. Sure, Hikaru, you were born in the land of the rising sun (only 23 years ago), but thanks for pushing those pawns for the stars and stripes.

I wrote up some math notions about cousin primes and double cousin primes and got a nice email back today about prime gaps of 2^n. Nothing about troy-troy-semiprimes, but I wouldn't be surprised that somebody has listed the troy-troy-semiprimes but with some other inferior name.

Wait! No more math this post, I promise.

I went to a CCFA support group today. If you want to read up about Isaac's colitis, visit our other blog IBD in our home. I haven't written it there yet, but you know, Isaac's chronic disease is teaching me about life. When I come home from work he pops up and yells Surprise! from behind a piece of furniture (after having watched his brother do the same for the past 6 months). Then he wants to spin in the air like an airplane. And come on, who doesn't?! He is just full of life and love and such a delight.

The other news of late is the buzz on ancestry.com about some Becker photos that surfaced and so my dad and I have been reminiscing and remembering old memories that weren't really ours in the first place. That has had me thinking a lot about the old Becker farm, barn, and so on.

And then, of course, lots of work, work, work at the school. As soon as I get halfway done with what I need to get done, I get new tasks that double my workload. Oops. Well, you don't need to figure the proportions--I just mean to say that I'm always a little too busy. And in such a great month, one likes to be comfrotably busy, but able to enjoy lots of extra time with his beautiful wife and delightful offspring.

We had some guests yesterday who are bringing Japanese into our house. Breathing the spirit of kokoro where our family members have forgotten it. The couple, students at the language school, have fascinating lives which I should tell you about another time, when you have more time.

1 comment:

  1. I love that Orry and Isaac jump out and surprise you when you get home!
    The other day Trent was throwing Ila around (right after we ate dinner) and I said "babe, how would you like it if someone was throwing you around like that, right after you ate?" To which he replied "I would LOVE it! I wish someone COULD throw me around like this!" I was actually hoping he would stop tossing Ila (who LOVES it) around when I asked him that question, but it just encouraged him to do it more. I guess it would be nice to be thrown around....

    I hope you can get your work all taken care of and have a lovely rest of the month!
    -nic

    ReplyDelete